Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back to the Grind!

Josie was REALLY exicted for 3rd grade. She couldn't get enough of picking her outfit, going through her "school supplies", packing and repacking her backpack till it was just right, and picking out food for her lunches. Kody on the other hand, needed a little persuasion. It took me several days of encouragement, but this morning he was excited and happy to go.
Last week when I was talking to Kody I said, " Can you believe you will be going to school all day?" He looked shocked and said, "What??? But mom, I'll miss my shows!" He was used to coming home from kindergarten and having sole control of the remote I guess! It was funny!


11 comments:

Brooke S said...

E - You're simply not old enough to have a 3rd grader. (Mostly because that means I'm old too!)

Hallie said...

Kody sounds like my 1st grader ~ not so sure he was ready to give up his TV time!

Mark, Toby, Jayden, Jaxson, and Jonas Maxwell said...

It was so good seeing you today Emily!!! Kody is so funny and a boy after my own heart, it must be hard giving u-p those shows that he loves!! The kids look great!!

Cami Jo said...

Don't they look cute! I always loved the first day of school. So exciting. I'm sure you loved to hear all about it when they got home!

Anonymous said...

That was cute what Kody said. It's kind of nice to be back to a little bit of a schedule, but what a long day it seems for those 1st graders. Best wishes for this school year and we hope gas prices go down so we can pay you a visit soon:)

Kristen said...

that's how I feel about my shows. If something comes up...WHAT!!! I'LL MISS MY SHOWS!

Rolyndia said...

Your kids are so cute!! Love Kody's reply.

Sounds like you had a great summer.

Laurie said...

It must be fantastic to have only two trips to the bus stop. I saw Kody today and he seemed to be having a ton of fun at recess. He was following the rules really closely with his arms folded and walking on the blacktop...what a good kid! I'm glad that he and Isaac are in the same class. I love how full their backpacks are on the first day! They look like they are going to tip over. Good kids growing up so fast...

Morgan said...

They look so much older than the last time that I saw them! Good luck in their new grades!

amanda said...

cute outfits for the first day of school

Erin Camp said...

Good luck in school guys!