Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ready....or not?

Are you ready for Christmas? I have always waited until after Thanksgiving to put up our tree as to not forget poor Thanksgiving; however, this year I am definetly in the mood! I had a Super Saturday last weekend and with everyone talking about it.....I couldn't help get a few things up and ready.
One of our big accomplishments is that we got the lights on the house!
I also had to have a tree for upstairs because I want our big tree downstairs for Christmas morning. I didn't want it to look like we didn't have a tree upstairs, so we got a pre-lit tree from Walmart for $35. I thought it was a good deal and I LOVE it.
I am also having a huge Christmas party for my whole family here, so I have been thinking of games and food ideas to help us have a fabulous time! If any of you have exciting traditions, games, or ideas you'd like to share, I would LOVE it!

4 comments:

Keri said...

Wanna know a secret? We just put up our tree today, too. :)

Cali said...

I'm getting antsy myself. I don't have much to decorate with- but if I did- it'd be going up. :)

Garrison Propaganda said...

since weve been in ohio, we have friends who put on an annual christmas party. theres dinner, desserts, and the whole family is invited. its a big deal and basically the ward is invited. the best part is they choose a family from church/their kids school to be a secret santa to. invitations include requests for clothing/toys/other items for boy/girl, with age and size. what better way to celebrate christmas? eating, partying, and giving! i look forward to it every year. and when we move i hope to start up something similar.

Melanie said...

It's a first for us too, we have the outside lights up. I had no idea the kids would take it from there. While I was at a meeting they hauled out every single Christmas box they could find and put up the tree actually two trees.