Friday, October 19, 2007

New beds for the kids!


This last weekend we did a big project. We took down the crib and put up the bunkbeds. The girls are in the bunkbeds (that we just painted black)! Now I just need to get some cute bedding, but that will have to wait for a little while.





So because Kody got kicked out of the twin bed, we got a full size bed for him, incase we ever have company come visit. It is nice. He will also need a cute comforter, but for now he just gets one of our wedding quilts.

7 comments:

Amber said...

Cute Beds. I have been meaning to paint the boys bunk beds for a long time now. What kind of paint did you use and do you have any tricks that you care to share? My boys bed looks a lot like your girls. Love ya.

Holly said...

Does Tyann stay in bed? It's good to get the crib down for a few months before you need it back up again!

Emily said...

Amber, I just sanded them down, and then put a coat of primer on them. It was white latex "Kilz" from Walmart and I had them tint it grey. Then I did two coats of semi-gloss paint also from Walmart. There are a few different blacks to choose from so I just picked one. I think mine was "Black Coal" or something.

Holly, Yes she has done really good to stay in her bed. Even at naps we really haven't had a problem. It has created a lot of space in their room! I have been looking for that suzy zoo blanket we made for Josie, but it must be in a box somewhere. I wonder if I will ever be organized!

Keri said...

Nice beds. Sydney's in a full bed, and I love it. Also, I really like the Kilz paint from Wal-Mart. It's always worked really well for us.

amanda said...

Like the bunk beds, it feels good to start a big project and see the finish product.

attack of The Mouse said...

I love the new arrangement. It is alway nice to get a "new" look. Way to to go T. for getting a big girl bed.

Rolyndia said...

I can't believe Tyann is big enough to sleep in a regular bed already. WOW, time has flown by. Love the new beds.