Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Yummy!



Here are some yummy breadsticks a made a while ago. Aren't they pretty? The pan on the right is the before and the pan on the left is after they were cooked. I did half of the pan with cinnamon sugar and the other half with a spice called salad supreme! They were delicious.

If your interested, here's the recipe! 1 1/2 c. hot water, 2 T. sugar, 1T. yeast, 3 c. flour, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Dissolve water and sugar in a big bowl. Add yeast to water and sugar. Add flour and salt. Knead for 3 min, adding more glour as needed to make dough soft and workable. Cover with dish towel and let rest 10 min. Melt 1/2 cube margarine on large cookie sheet.

Place dough on a floured board and roll into rectangle just smaller than your pan. Cut into 1" strips with pizza cutter or knife. Place each strip, one at a time on sheet and turn to cover both sides with butter. Let rest 10 min. Sprinkle with your favorite toppings!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

mmmm....i think i will try them! What a fun idea. I didn't get anything at the fabric store for you...all the minky they had was green or white-not a lot of selection and I couldn't find any Chicago Bears stuff. Sorry! call me sometime and I'll help you figure out the blogging music thing.

Someone said...

That looks and sounds so good. It looks like a pretty simple recipe, too. I'll have to try it.

Howling Pickup said...

Thanks! I am always looking for new yummy recipes.

amanda said...

that looks really good, thanks for the recipe.

Keri said...

By the way, I am "someone". I was logged into the Recipe Swap blog & forgot to change back to my username.

Keri said...

We've got both a ShopKo and a KMart here in Spanish Fork, so I'll have to venture out & see what I can find. Thanks.

Rolyndia said...

Those look delish. I am copy the recipe and giving them a try. Thanks for sharing.