Friday, July 25, 2008

Really fun...then not so fun!

Yesterday we went up to my friends house to let our kids play and get wet! They had a great time.


After I left, when I was almost home, I realized that I forgot one of the supplies I needed for Activity Days, so I decided to turn around and quickly go get it. Unfortunetly my front right bumper caught the back right corner of another vehicle. It was awful. He got out and was swearing up a storm. He looked really mean and I didn't know what to do! I called my insurance company called and said to get the police there, and then she stayed on the line with me until they arrived. I was thankful, because I was scared to death! Luckily my kids were all buckled and safe. Lacey slept through the whole thing and while I was talking to the officer, Tyann feel asleep to! Major blessing! It would have been awful have two crying/screaming children.

Anyway, I was bummed because I got my very first TICKET and insurance claim. I guess these are the times I'm thankful for insurance. It could have been a lot worse, but what a bummer!!

7 comments:

amanda said...

oh that stinks. so sorry to hear about that be good to hear that all you guys are ok.

Jenny Bobo said...

Aren't those moments the absolute worst? I'm just glad you are all okay!

Cami Jo said...

That's too bad, but I sort of understand. Yesterday at the Dollar Tree I accidentally backed in to a shopping cart! SHHHH...I haven't really told anyone! It was my fault, but the lady still wasn't very bright to park it behind me when I was getting ready to back up. (I actually saw the shopping cart, but I couldn't see the stupid car attached to the front that the kids ride in. It was too low to see.)

Anyway- we all do dumb things sometimes! That picture of Ty- was so adorable in the paper. Too cute!

Erin Camp said...

So sorry about that Em. We're glad no one was hurt.

Lisa said...

That backyard looked so fun, too bad had had to end on a bad note. It doen't matter how fun of a day you've had, when something like that happens it just puts you in a bad mood!!!Just be glad your van still works, since Jeremy's truck died we've been car shopping and that's the worst!!!

Laurie said...

How horrible! I am so sorry this happened and you would be the one counting your blessing in the middle of a crisis! You're such a great example all the time... It's so obvious you are the oldest. I love it! You're kids are lucky to have a mom who has it all together! And it looks like the kids had a blast at their friends house.

Meranie said...

So sorry! I have so been there, and to have the other guy mad, and not caring if the cute fam was ok, he needs a lesson in manners from his mother!! :0) lol