Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Catch up

Well, it's been over 2 weeks since I quit working and I have LOVED it. My family has LOVED it too! I have kept the house cleaner, been more relaxed, had dinner ready every night, read more books to my kids, and tried to laugh more.

I have so much to catch up on so I'll just give you a little run down on what's been going on around here. Today was "CrAZy hair day!" Kody just wanted a "buzz" (he thought was REALLY crazy,) and Josie wanted something fun and crazy. Here is what they got.
Is it me or does Kody look even older now? YIKES! Here is a goofy picture!
Okay, maybe I have been going through a little withdrawl of not doing hair so.....Tyann got a make over! I love it. Here is her before shot!
And here is the after shot! Isn't she a doll. I always tell her how pretty I think she is and after she got her hair cut she said, "Mom, I'm probably the cutest girl in the world." What a sweetie!
Josie had her clogging recital and she did really good. Here we are in our matching team shirts. (I'm the team mom, so I got one too!)
Josie was lucky enough to have her grandma and grandpa Cottle come up too! She felt loved and special that night which is what it is all about.
Here is a cute picture of the girls before church a while ago. I had curled it and they looked adorable! The difference in their coloring cracks me up!
Also a few weeks ago, I got to go to the Mrs. Idaho pageant in Boise. My friend Natasha Jones was in it and I went with a few girls in her ward to support her! I had such a fun time. She did a fantastic job and I was REALLY proud of her! (and her cute hair....that I do...or did! :-)

And that's about it. I have more time now, so hopefully I'll take more pictures and create more posts! See ya soon!

7 comments:

cimnanny said...

I was wondering what you have been doing with your extra time now. That is so great, you have a lot more time to do the things you want, rather than what just needed to be done. That is great. :) I will miss my favorite bueaticion.

Cami Jo said...

I love ya Em! So glad that you are enjoying your much needed free time...which never ends up free...because we always seem to fill it with something as moms, but I'm glad you are filling it up with things that matter to you! I miss you.

busbyhive said...

So fun to see your up-dates! Your kids are so adorable! I'm so glad to hear you got to go see Natasha in Boise!! You did a beautiful job on her hair!!

Rolyndia said...

Your family is adorable! Love the update! I have cut back at working at the bookstore and have loved being home more.

We are planning on coming down to Ross Park this summer and would love to catch up with you guys. I will let you know when we come and hopefully you guys can met us there.

Claireese said...

I am on your blog!! I am so glad you came:) I am also glad you now have time to blog, I hope you are loving your "retirement"! I miss you, but will have to find a new excuse to come and visit! And cody does look older! We need to tell our kids to cut that our for a while!

Garrison Propaganda said...

man youve been a busy team mom despite all your cutbacks! good for you though weeding out the less important. i think the coloring was hilarious, your old pageant contestant has gorgeous hair (care to divulge what products she uses), and you did get a picture of a very beautiful girl after an awesome haircut. seriously, could you give me a little hair advice. i HATE my daughters hair. its so thin. i was told to get a bob b/c that would be the best. im not diggin it. any other suggestions?

Laurie said...

of course Tyann would think so...she is such a sweetie! I love that you have more time to post so I know what is happening in your life! We need to get together!