Sunday, May 9, 2010

To my Mom on Mothers Day!

Happy Mothers Day, Mom!
I LOVE YOU!!

I have learned so much from my mom. I don't think there is a day that goes by that I don't think of her and how she did things while I was growing up. As I remember funny little things about my childhood, I often wonder what my kids will remember about me.

Here are some of the things that I love about my mom:

She is always there when I need her and makes me feel like her best friend. She always told me, "you won't know how much I love you till you have your own daughter someday!" And she was right! She comes when I have babies, when I get sick (or one of the kids get sick), recitals, primary programs, or ANY time I need her. She is also willing to keep the kids when I need a break!


Another thing I learned from my mom was to love my family!
I TRULY love getting together with my family. Even though we are all different, have different interests, and different spouses, we all try to have a great time when we are together! My mom loves to get together with her family too and her love for her parents IS amazing! Her mom died on Mothers Day about 50 years ago and I know it was a really hard day for her. However; she never let it damper our day for her. She was a good sport to make us all feel so special when we gave her our handmade gifts!

My dad is usually the one in front (teacher, bishop, stk pres, singing, or any public speaking), but I know that it is because he has one wonderful woman behind him every step of the way. Who do you think washed and ironed his clothes all those years, always made dinner, and made sure everything was in order? ....Yup, my MOM!!!

Another thing I learned from my mom was to keep my kids clean, hair cute, be involved in their school, check their back packs, make their lunch, NEVER let them leave without a hug and a kiss, and be home when they get home from school.

There are so many things that I could go on and on. She taught me commitment, compassion, service, dedication, virtue, and love. Thanks Mom. I wouldn't be who I am today without you!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Yay! A new post!

Melissa said...

You do have a great mom!

busbyhive said...

It sounds like you are just like your mom; wonderful and great!

Laurie said...

I never doubted you had a wonderful mother because you are an amazing mother/wife/friend. Well, you are amazing at everything you do and of course you learned it from your mother! It's wonderful to have family in your life!