Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A big hole in the ground!













Well, it's official! We broke ground to build a house this week. I was so happy that I did shed a few tears. It just seems like we have waited for this for so long! I'll try to take pictures every few days to update you on the latest! For those of you who don't know, Micah was hired here, so we decided that we would be here long enough to build a home. He starts full time when school gets out in December, so we are anxious.

I was going to have my cousins come up and do the footings and foundation for us, but it didn't work out. I was dissappointed, but so glad that they were good about it. I was appreciative that they were still willing to come and help wherever they could. How great is family???

8 comments:

Keri said...

Hooray for you and your family. What an exciting time! Congratulations!

Howling Pickup said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited for you.

attack of The Mouse said...

Yippi. Congrats. I am so excited for you. You will love it.

Morgan said...

Yeah Emily! That is so exciting! I will have to live through you until we are done with school! We have a countdown going! April baby!

Amber said...

Wow!!! I am sure this so a long awaited day for you. Enjoy every stressful minute. Love ya.

Rolyndia said...

YEAH!!!! So glad to know you close by. I need to come see you. I am happy for you and looking forward to seeing progress pictures.

Meranie said...

Emily,
I am so happy for you and your family. There is nothing like having your own home. I miss my home like crazy, but I have once again entered the College World with my husband. But same day I hope to follow your footsteps!
Enjoy the journey!
Love, Meranie

amanda said...

hey so are you staying in poki? that is great. i didn't know you were staying around here. oh i wanted to know if you know jamie s. # or email. email me at amandakate30@hotmail.com and let me know if you have that info.