Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sad News

I just found out today that a good friend of mine lost her husband Sunday night in an automobile accident. She has two little girls and my heart has broken for her. I don't know what I would do if that happened to me. I wouldn't want to eat, sleep, get dressed, clean the house, cook, or do anything. I will be praying for her to get through this difficult time and hope that you will join me! What do you do for someone in this situation? I will go to the funeral and support her, but really, what else can I do?

7 comments:

Holly said...

So sad!! I'm not sure what I would do either. Good luck.

Garrison Propaganda said...

that is so hard. but support is really the best thing you probably can do. my thoughts will be with her and you as you try to comfort her at this difficult time.

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! You just never know what life can deal you. I seriously would be a mess if something happened to Mark.

Anonymous said...

That is so sad! I think praying for her and supporting her through the funeral is being a really good friend. I'll pray for her and her family. Good luck with it all.

Rolyndia said...

So sad. Sorry to hear about her lose. If she lives close by, could you take her girls for alittle while or just invite her and her girls over to play and have lunch.

Laurie said...

You're a great friend! Just keep on being her friend and that will help. She probably wont need you right away but in a few weeks...just be available. I am so sorry. I knew her too, not well, but still so sad.

Keri said...

What a sad thing. Our stake president recently lost his son in a car accident. At stake conference (a week or so after his death), our stake president spoke a little about it. His advice was to continue to ask what you can do. Even if there isn't anything right now, there eventually will be something you can do for her. Crazy how it could happen to any one of us at any time.